CONVERSE

May 29, 2014 § 8 Comments

converse_all_star_chuck_taylor_logo_psd_by_katus_nemcu-d5ba4e0

The Converse Rubber Shoe Company was founded in 1908. In 1917 they created a shoe called the All Star and in 1921, basketball player Charles “Chuck” Taylor joined a basketball team sponsored by Converse — The Converse All Stars. Taylor became a salesman for the company and made improvements to the shoe.

IMG_7618

These days Converse appears to be a style choice.

IMG_7621

…and Nike dominates the neighborhood basketball courts.

AdobePhotoshopExpress_2014_05_26_21:04:07

142334C_shot2 copy

cropped

IMG_7623

Ironic.

Photo: Arthur Rothstein

Photo: Arthur Rothstein, Sept. 1935

Sneakers: Where Can’t They Go? – New York Times

Converse.com

Advertisements

Tagged: , ,

§ 8 Responses to CONVERSE

• awax1217 says:

I remember seeing the sneaks on the lines. Never understood why. Always thought of a bully making someone take off his sneaks and hoisting them. Notice I stated his, girls never wore sneaks to my early knowledge.

• Julia says:

I always thought kids threw them up at the end of the school year. My husband said they use to do it when they outgrew their shoes. When I googled it, there wasn’t any one answer and some sinister ones.

• Converse sneakers make me feel like a teenager again (and that was a LONG time ago!). fun post!

• NE.Perkins says:

My children have been wearing chucks since they were both born. I, on the other hand have never worn them. Being a size 10 in women’s shoes…I could ski with those on my feet 🙂

• Julia says:

That’s funny…after I posted this I started notice how many kids I see wearing these on the playground, subway, street here.

• NE.Perkins says:

My oldest says they make him run faster. We watched the first Rocky movie and he was wearing chucks while running. Now he totally believes it.

• Julia says:

Cute! Reminds me of when my son watched Popeye for the first time. All of a sudden he loved spinach.